John graduated from University Kebangsaan Malaysia with a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) in 2013 and was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in 2014.
Having completed his pupillage in MahWengKwai & Associates under the guidance of Mr Raymond Mah, he joined MahWengKwai & Associates as an Associate in 2014.
John continues his practice with MahWengKwai & Associates in the areas of general litigation, debt recovery, Management Corporation and Joint Management Body disputes, company law, employment law, contractual disputes, wills and criminal law.
Career to date
2014 Associate, MahWengKwai & Associates
2014 Called to the Malaysian Bar
2013 Pupil-in-Chambers, MahWengKwai & Associates
- National Young Lawyers Committee (NYLC)
- Catholic Lawyers’ Society
- Old Georgians Association (OGA)
- Asian Law Students’ Association (ALSA)
2013 Bachelor of Laws (Hons), Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
Particular litigation experience
- Judicial review against the National Registration Department’s decision to refuse citizenship to an adopted child, High Court.
- Claim by Joint Management Corporations/Joint Management Bodies to recover common property from Developer, High Court.
- Industrial relations disputes on issues of poor performance, misconduct and retrenchment, Industrial Court.
- Disputes arising from breach of contract, Magistrate’s Court, Sessions Court , High Court and Court of Appeal.
- Dispute arising from loan and shareholding agreements, High Court and Court of Appeal.
- Recovery of outstanding debts for domestic and foreign companies, Magistrate’s Court, Sessions Court, High Court and Court of Appeal.
- Winding-up of companies, High Court.
- Defending against claims for property under oral trust, High Court.
- Criminal matters relating to offences including tax evasion, cheating, criminal breach of trust, causing wrongful loss to a public listed company, Session Court, High Court and Court of Appeal.
- Chai Fui Mien & Anor v Notre Dame Nursery Sdn Bhd & Ors  1 LNS 1394
- Konsortium Lord-Saberkat Sdn Bhd v Petron Malaysia Refining & Marketing Bhd and another appeal  6 MNJ 186
Tel: 03-7887 2702
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Joint Management Bodies & Management Corporations
Strata Titles & Common Property
Director and Shareholder Disputes
Individuals & Families