Janessa graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from the University of Liverpool in 2014 and completed her Certificate in Legal Practice (CLP) in 2016. She read in the Chambers of Messrs MahWengKwai & Associates under the guidance of Mr Richard Wee and Ms Sarah Kambali.
Janessa was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in December 2017. She continues her journey in this legal profession with Messrs MahWengKwai & Associates.
Her portfolio includes employment law, corporate law and general litigation, in particular, contractual disputes, family law and debt recovery.
Career to date
2018 Associate, MahWengKwai & Associates
2017 Called to the Malaysian Bar
2017 Messrs MahWengKwai & Associates
2015 Paralegal, Messrs Richard Wee & Yip
2014 Attachment Student, Messrs Thong Weng Hon & Partners
2016 Certificate in Legal Practice
2014 Bachelor of Laws (Hons) University of Liverpool
Particular litigation experience
- Representing both employer and employee in the Industrial Court
- Disputes arising from breach of contract, Magistrates’ Court, Sessions Court and High Court
- Single petition and joint petition for divorce, High Court
- Disputes between landlord and tenant
- Drafting and reviewing corporate agreements
- Reviewing employment agreements
- Issues pertaining to child custody
- Malaysian Employment Law : Top 5 Questions
- Sports, Integrity and Corrupt Practices
- Jail Time for Dopers?
Tel: 03-7887 2702
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Individuals & Families
Will, Trusts & Probate