Alicia graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from the University of Liverpool and obtained her Certificate in Legal Practice (CLP) in 2021. She was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in August 2022.
Alicia has considerable experience acting for patients and/or their next-of-kin in medical negligence claims. She has appeared as junior counsel before the High Court, Court of Appeal and the Federal Court in medical negligence claims. She has also undertaken defence work for healthcare practitioners.
Alicia’s other areas of experience include, amongst others, general litigation, family law, personal injury cases, probate and administration, etc.
Additionally, Alicia is an avid sportswomen, having represented Malaysia as part of the Women’s Malaysian Water Polo team from 2014 – 2022.
2021 Certificate in Legal Practice (CLP), Advance Tertiary College
2018 Bachelor of Laws (Hons), University of Liverpool
Particular Litigation Experience
- Acted for claimants and/or their next-of-kin in medical negligence cases across various specialities such as obstetrics and gynaecology, neonatology, paediatrics, orthopaedics, general and colorectal surgery, anaesthetics and/or anaesthesiology, dermatology, ENT, aesthetic medicine, endocrinology, urology, oncology, gastroenterology, vascular surgery, internal medicine, neurology, and etc.
- Acted for claimants with brain damage and/or injuries, including cerebral palsy, in medical negligence claims against private hospitals, university hospitals, Government hospitals and etc.
- Acted for claimants in cases concerning obstetrics and gynaecology, and which cases include, amongst others, the perforation or transection of a ureter following a hysterectomy; the perforation of the uterus following the removal of a malignant tumour; etc.
- Acted for claimants in cases concerning general, colorectal and gastroenterology surgeries, and which cases include, amongst others, the perforation of the colon following a laparotomy; complications following an ERCP procedure; complications following the removal of tumours; complications following laparoscopic and open surgeries etc.
- Acted for claimants in cases concerning orthopaedics and which cases include, amongst others, complications following laser spine surgery; wrong and/or missed diagnoses; complications following surgeries such as surgical fixations; complications concerning fractures, severed tendons, etc.
- Acted for medical practitioners in the High Court in proceedings brought against them.
- Nur Arissa Naura Bt Noor Affrizal & Anor v Dr Abirami Kunaseelan & Ors  5 CLJ 793,  MLJU 885
- Airis Nurhana Bt Alfian (A Child Suing by her Father and Litigation Representative Alfian Bin Zainudin) v Darul Aiman Sdn Bhd & Anor  1 LNS 200,  MLJU 214
- Dispute Resolution
Joint Management Bodies & Management Corporations
Strata Titles & Common Property