Liew Chong Wen (Aaron) graduated with a Bachelor of Laws Second Class Honours (Division One) from the University of Manchester in 2019 and completed his Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) in 2020 and was admitted as a member of the Honorable Society of Middle Temple. He commenced his pupillage in MahWengKwai & Associates under the guidance of Mr Gan Chong Chieh.
Aaron completed his pupillage in October 2021 and was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in December 2021. Aaron’s areas of practice include general litigation, construction litigation, probate matters, corporate advisory and corporate litigation.
Career to date
2021 Associate, MahWengKwai & Associates
2021 Pupil-in-Chambers, MahWengKwai & Associates
2018 Legal Intern, HL Lee & Co, Ipoh
Particular litigation experience
- Recovery of outstanding debts in the Sessions and High Court
- Assisted in defending negligence claims
- Application for leave to appeal in Federal Court under Interest Scheme Act 2016
- Claim in a Court of Appeal for cross-appeal in respect of a contractor dispute
- Applications of grant of probate in the High Court
- Drafting several corporate and commercial agreements, such as Shareholder’s Agreement, Franchising Agreement, Licensing Agreement, Settlement Agreement, Contract for Subscription Services and Contract for Services
Assisted in translating corporate articles for the Shanghai Municipal Authority corporate guidelines
Advising international charitable organisation on setting up an entity in Malaysia
Reviews & Testimonials
- “I highly recommend MahWengKwai & Associates for their exceptional expertise in handling inheritance processes. I recently had the privilege of working with Karmen, Daphne and Aaron to navigate the complex legalities associated with the inheritance of my family estate under various jurisdictions.
MWKA demonstrated a deep understanding of inheritance laws and regulations, ensuring that every aspect of the process was meticulously addressed. Their team of experienced attorneys and solicitors provided clear and concise guidance, making it easy to comprehend the legal formalities of the process.
I was satisfied with their way of managing documentation and translations of the paperwork, ensuring all necessary filings were accurate and submitted in a timely manner. Their personalized approach has undoubtedly made this process smooth and successful. I am grateful for their support and would not hesitate to seek their services again in the future.”-Eric Guillemin, Paris
- “My mother and I engaged MWKA’s services for grant of probate application. We would like to thank MWKA for their professionalism, particularly Karmen and Aaron who have been very helpful since day one. They are responsive, attentive and have provided us with all the necessary advice and even answered all our questions and concerns professionally. Thank you Karmen, Aaron and the MWKA team. We would definitely recommend MWKA for their services.” – MM & CL, Kuala Lumpur
- “My wife and I would like to thank Mr Aaron Liew and his colleagues at MWKA for assisting us in writing our Last Will and Testament. We have found that Aaron and the team have a very good attitude: they reply timely and comprehensively to inquiries, they deliver what they have promised, and when they don’t know something, they will say it, and consult their seniors. Furthermore, their fees are reasonable. Overall, a very pleasant experience.” -Franco, Ipoh
- “We approached MWKA to seek legal advice for a grant of probate application. We were connected with Mr Aaron Liew who helped us from start to finish with all the necessaries. He was very professional, answered all our enquires well, and always followed up with urgent matters. Would definitely recommend MWKA to others who may require legal help.” – Ms S, Selangor
- “I would like to express my gratitude to the team at MahWengKwai & Associates, especially Tommy Wong and Aaron Liew, who were very helpful and quick to respond. I engaged them for their drafting services for a Trust Deed and a Power of Attorney. The team acted swiftly and was able to provide me with the documents in a short time. I am very thankful to both of them for assisting me with their advice and dealing with the potential drawbacks of the documents. I would definitely recommend their corporate services to others.” – Mr Ng, Malaysia
- “I approached and engaged MahWengKwai & Associates to assist me in will drafting. The whole process of drafting the will took only 2 weeks. I’m pleased that Karmen and Aaron assisted me effectively by advising on the crucial terms in the will and executing the will in a short time. Their cost for will drafting services is reasonable as well. I would like to thank MWKA for their commendable services and recommend their services to others in need.” – Yvonne Leong, Selangor
- Dispute Resolution
Banking & Finance
Joint Management Bodies & Management Corporations
Strata Titles & Common Property
Banking & Finance
Charities & Not-for-profits
Entrepreneurs & Start-ups
- Individuals & Families
Syariah Advisory Wills