Thursday, August 17, 2017
12:30pm – 2:30pm Latest Developments in Land Acquisition Laws: For Better or Worse? (Download pdf brochure )
In Malaysia, land acquisition can be a complex and timesensitive process. In order to safe guard the landowner’s rights and ensure adequate compensation, it is essential to have an in-depth knowledge of the proceedings and the latest developments in law.
• To pursue Judicial Review or Land Reference proceedings
• Overview of the proceedings at the High Court
• Analysis of the Federal Court’s recent decision in the case of Semenyih Jaya Sdn Bhd v Pentadbir Tanah Hulu Langat
• Latest amendments to be the Land Acquisition Act 1960
- Raymond Mah, Managing Partner, Head of Dispute Resolution, and Corporate & Commercial Practice Group
- Denise Phang, Associate, Dispute Resolution Practice Group
Location: MahWengKwai & Associates, Level 10, Tower B, Prima Avenue, Dataran Prima.