Renting out a property remains one of the best-advised forms of investment. However, the process is not without risks and challenges, particularly with tenants who do not uphold their side of the tenancy or lease agreement.
At MahWengKwai & Associates, we advise and act for landlords in disputes with their tenants. We have extensive experience with recovering arrears of rent and damages as well as evicting tenants.
We also advise tenants in dealing with unreasonable landlords and who are deprived of their rights to peaceful enjoyment of their property.
- Advising landlords and tenants on their rights in tenancy disputes
- Issuing or responding to a Notice of Forfeiture
- Applying for recovery of possession orders and writ of distress
- Recovering rental arrears and losses suffered
- Negotiate amicable settlements in disputes between landlords and tenants
Reviews & Testimonials
- “Their service is efficient, good and excellent.”- Apexe Realty – Gwen Ng
- “Qualified and competent group of lawyers. My case was handled by Denise Phang with high level of professionalism and attention to detail. Highly recommended!!” – Mr Wassi, Kuala Lumpur
- “I would like to thank Denise Phang for her valuable advice and Sree Raj for her initial help. I have been under pressure after finding out that my tenants quietly left my property without 60 days moving out notice and with 12 months arrears. With the Covid 19 pandemic and while working overseas, it was hard for me to return with all the travel restrictions to get things sorted. Thanks to Denise as she was able to provide the prompt and practical legal advice needed so that I could make proper decisions and take the next step of action. I strongly recommend Denise Phang from MahWengKwai & Associates for help if you encounter any tenancy issues.” – Kelvin S, New Zealand
- “Thank you Vivien Fan for the legal advice. She is a very approachable legal representative of the firm and assists clients to the best of her ability.” – Calvin Ong, Kuala Lumpur
- “Mah Weng Kwai is a big law firm with a reasonable price tag for their services. I had a pleasant experience working with this law firm as they are founded on the premise of truth and righteousness. They try their best to settle the case out of court. At the start of the case, they did a thorough due diligence to make sure that they are representing a credible client. My case was assigned to a young lawyer Ms Prisilla and Mr Chew, a pupil in Chambers, to assist her. Together they did a thorough job at researching the case and compiling all the case documents.” – Ms Thavamalar, Subang Jaya
- “Dear Mr. Raymond Mah & Ms. Chloe Lim,I am writing to express my thanks and appreciation for the handling a difficult case that was causing me a great deal of stress. Both of you did an excellent job in spite of the complexities and very tedious nature of this case. So glad that I found both of you in my internet search. I have inquired and have gone through previous lawyers who were not able to help me get vacant possession of my property.
I am especially appreciative of the admirable work culture and ethics of the firm. All communication was promptly responded to and great care taken to ensure that possible trouble was avoided. Not only are you both very professional and knowledgeable lawyers but are very pleasant and helpful too. I have no hesitation in recommending the both of you to any clients who require legal representation.”– Kok Siew Chuan
Related Articles and Updates
Our partner, John Chan, was recently interviewed by iProperty.com.my for the article titled “When can…
The Temporary Measures for Reducing the Impact of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Act 2020 or…
COURT OF APPEAL AT PUTRAJAYA [CIVIL APPEAL NO: B-01(NCVC)(W)-326-09-2017 & B-01(NCVC)(W)-359-08-2017] CIVIL APPEAL NO: B-01(NCVC)(W)-326-09-2017…
On 16.3.2020, our Government implemented a nationwide Movement Control Order (“MCO”) from 18.3.2020 until 31.3.2020…
Photo by Helloquence on Unsplash Introduction This is a dispute between the plaintiff (“Plaintiff”) and three defendants namely…
Friday, April 4, 2014 12:30pm – 2:30pm Landlords v Tenants: Resolving Disputes (pdf)…