In Malaysia, lands are often acquired by the State Authorities for various public purposes, such as development of infrastructures (roads, highways, LRT, MRT), mega-development projects and etcetera.
Article 13 guarantees every Malaysian’s right to own property and that no land will be acquired without adequate compensation.
Our team is dedicated to ensure that every Malaysians’ is educated, informed and adequately compensated in the event their lands are compulsorily acquired.
- Attending to land inquiry proceedings before the Land Administrator and resolving all issues and claims without the need to object and refer the matter to the High Court
- Objecting against the Land Administrator award by filing Form N and attending to the land reference proceedings at the High Court
- Challenging the state authorities decision to acquire lands on grounds of bad faith, illegality, procedural impropriety and abuse of powers
Reviews & Testimonials
- “Denise Phang is a hardworking, bright, briliant and articulate lawyer. She was patiently working on all the materials and facts that I have brought to her for this case. Her legal team are always good in helping clients seek fairness and justice. Her submissions were good and her performance and lawyer instinct in open court was briliant. Thank you Denise and all lawyers involved in the case.” – Chong Tuan Ng, United Kingdom
- “We want to commend you for your great effort and professionalism on winning the case for us. We believe that our land reference decision is unprecedented and it would become a reference to many other similar cases in the future. We notice and appreciate your attention to detail and relentless determination to produce and present all documents in detail to the High Court and your invaluable advice to us on the right strategy in laying out our case. We are truly impressed in you for rendering and releasing outstanding quality services to us in a professional and timely manner. We are proud to have you as our business associate and look forward to more future collaboration. ” – Shi Jun, Director, Cicet (Malaysia) Corporation Sdn Bhd
- “Having MahWengKwai & Associates for any public law litigation is a must. Especially in a David and Goliath fight when the State armed itself with the full might of the government apparatuses. Raymond Mah, Denise and Vivien together with their assistants went into the lion’s den, armored only with Rule of Law, powerful pleadings and determination were able to wrestle numerous victories at the appellate courts. Bravo and thank you.” – Estate of Tan Bok Yin, Hulu Kelang, Kuala Lumpur