Intellectual Property Law governs the enforcement, registration, protection and security of the legal rights to intangible properties such as inventions and designs. Inventions and designs include trademarks, copyright, geographical indications and patents. Entrepreneurs and business owners need to understand the basics of intellectual property law to best protect hard-earned creations and ideas from unfair competition. Intellectual property includes distinctive items that someone has created and ones that give the owner an economic benefit.
At MWKA, we seek to help the company plan for success and avoid theft of ideas, designs, and other concepts. We offer a range of Intellectual Property services to ensure intellectual property owners are well safeguarded and protected. We also advise our clients in various Intellectual Property areas such as copyright, licensing, patents and trademarks. Not only do we offer advisory services, we also act for our clients for any intellectual property disputes.
- Copyright Data Theft
- Franchising Intellectual Property
- Disputes Intellectual Property
- Protection Intellectual Property
- Registration Intellectual Property
- Searches Licensing Patents
- Technology and e-Commerce
- Trade Marks
Successfully resolved a pre-mature claim made by a multinational fashion company against a small local business in respect of an alleged trademark infringement and passing off.
Reviews & Testimonials
- “Our heartfelt appreciation goes to Tommy Wong, Mira Mashor, Vinson Cheng and Azila Amiruddin for helping us with the execution of our share sale and business transfer agreements. Their knowledge and expertise really helped us to navigate through what felt like a massive undertaking for us. Their professionalism was also displayed in ensuring that everything was completed in a timely manner, from the beginning until the end. Overall, we are more than satisfied with their services and would definitely recommend them to friends and family! Keep up the excellent work!” – Timothy Ten
- “Ms Cassandra Thomazios and Mr Tommy Wong assisted us with lengthy negotiations and helped us to achieve a good outcome in the end. Thank you MWKA.” – Syahida Nafisa Jasmon, Sports Johor Sdn Bhd
- “My organisation (an international sport governing body) has engaged MWKA for ongoing corporate and commercial matters in sports. Strong experience in the sports industry is not very common in this part of the world and we are glad to have the capable assistance of Lesley Lim, Cassandra Thomazios and Tommy Wong in our matters, ranging from contract drafting and review to advising on potential disputes.” – Dylan Mah, International Table Tennis Federation, Singapore