A testator may appoint any person to be an executor under his will provided that the person is willing and capable of acting as executor. Following the demise of the testator, the executor so appointed will have to apply for a Grant of Probate to administer the estate of the testator.
We advise and assist our clients on a step-by-step basis to ensure that they fully understand the duty of becoming an executor and the legal procedure involved in applying for a Grant of Probate from the High Court.
Our services and support include, but is not limited to the following areas:
- Providing advice on the terms and restrictions stipulated in wills;
- Providing advice on the fiduciary duties of an executor;
- Advising beneficiaries of the estate in relation to their rights; and
- Applying to the High Court for Grant of Probate and all other related applications
- Defending executors or administrators against allegations of breach of duty;
Reviews & Testimonials
- “We approached MWKA to seek legal advice for a grant of probate application. We were connected with Mr Aaron Liew who helped us from start to finish with all the necessaries. He was very professional, answered all our enquires well, and always followed up with urgent matters. Would definitely recommend MWKA to others who may require legal help.” – Ms S, Selangor
Our lawyers can prepare for you a will to distribute your assets according to your wishes and safeguard your loved ones. We take the time to answer your questions and explain the legal implications of your plans for your estate.READ MORE →