T: +6 03 7887 2702
F: +6 03 7887 2703
Gan graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from the University of London (External) in 2007 and completed his Certificate of Legal Practice in 2008. He chambered in MahWengKwai Seow & Megat under Mr Mah Weng Kwai. Gan was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in September 2009 and commenced legal practice with the same firm.
Gan continues his practice with MahWengKwai & Associates in the areas of general litigation, wills, probate and administration, banking litigation, debt recovery, construction, arbitration, family law, disputes by Management Corporation and Joint Management Body and criminal law.
Career to date
2009 Associate, MahWengKwai & Associates
2009 Called to the Malaysian Bar
2008 Pupil-in-Chambers, MahWengKwai, Seow & Megat
2012 Volunteer lawyer of Yayasan Bantuan Guaman Kebangsaan
2017 LLM in International Economic Law, East China University of Political Science and Law (ECUPL)
2008 Certificate of Legal Practice
2006 Bachelor of Laws (Hons), University of London
Particular litigation experience
- Claim to challenge the validity of planning permission for a hypermarket, Court of Appeal.
- Disputes over the supply of aluminium panels for building cladding, Court of Appeal.
- Judicial review regarding the acquisition of land for use as a public road, Court of Appeal.
- Disputes arising from the design and construction of bored piles for a high rise apartment project, High Court.
- Defending a claim in excess of RM17 million by a Malaysian bank, High Court.
- Disputes arising from the rental of heavy duty shoring materials for the construction of a commercial project, Sessions Court.
- Defending charges against a director of a listed company for making false and misleading disclosures to the Securities Commission.
Particular arbitration experience
- Disputes arising from the laying of public works water lines.
- Demag (M) Sdn Bhd v Greenlinx Sdn Bhd  MLJU 353
- Perbadanan Nasional Berhad v. Shaharin Shaharudin  9 CLJ 208
MahWengKwai & Associates: Wills in Malaysia