It is good practice for every organisation to have formal disciplinary and grievance procedures in place. Whether an employee has breached the terms of his or her employment contract, the employee handbook or the workplace policy; or has made a complaint about the way he or she has been treated by the employer, it is important to have clear procedures that ensure appropriate action is taken. When an employer wants to initiate disciplinary proceedings, for reasons such as alleged misconduct, this can result in serious consequences for the employee, such as a written warning, suspension of work, dismissal or some other sanctions. We understand that such events are stressful and time consumingwhether you are the employer initiating a disciplinary action or an employee at the receiving end of that disciplinary action.
At MWKA, we provide professional, tailored advice that will help you resolve these issues quickly and effectively.
- Advising clients on termination of employment
- Advising clients on disciplinary actions that can be taken against employees based on misconduct
- Advising clients on the process and mechanism of holding a domestic inquiry, drafting of show cause letter, notice to attend disciplinary inquiry, termination letter etc.
- Advising clients on the preparation of disciplinary procedures and HR handbook
- Advising clients on medical boarding out
- Drafted a set of Disciplinary Procedure for a federation
- Advised a federation on how to conduct disciplinary inquiries and taking disciplinary action against its members
- Advised employers and employees on disciplinary procedures following the discovery of the employees’ alleged misconduct
Reviews & Testimonials
- “I would like to put on record, the appreciation of myself, and New Zealand Unlimited Restaurants Sdn Bhd (NZUR) for the excellent legal advice and representation provided by John Chan from MahWengKwai & Associates. NZUR decided to engage the legal services of MahWengKwai & Associates, and we commenced liaising with John Chan. John Chan was very thorough in his working relationships with NZUR. The Management of NZUR would certainly be willing to engage John Chan’s services again. NZUR is pleased to recommend John Chan from MahWengKwai & Associates for employment and industrial relations matters and disputes.” – Richard Tankersley, New Zealand Unlimited Restaurants Sdn Bhd, Kuala Lumpur
- “Mr. John Chan was the one who assisted me with my enquiries. I can say that he is very approachable and knowledgeable regarding my employment matter. I am very grateful to have found their website online and for their quick response when I emailed them. Highly recommended.” – Mae, Philippines
- “I am very pleased with MahWengKwai & Associates’ services in particular, John Chan. My dealings with him have been professional, efficient and timely. John is very responsive in addressing any concerns that we have and helping us through the process. Thank you for your excellent service! We are happy with the outcome. Highly recommending MWKA to my HR network.” – Nicole Liew, Hitachi Construction Machinery (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd, Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
READ MORE →
Our Employment Department offers consultation on a retainer basis to businesses and employers. Our hassle-free retainer gives you access to our qualified lawyers by email, phone or in meetings at our office.READ MORE →