Data Protection is the process of safeguarding important information from corruption, compromise or loss. The importance of data protection is increasing today as more data is being created and stored. The laws and regulations relating to data protection are updated progressively. It is good practice for all business owners, employers, employees and companies, whether big or small, to be aware of data protection laws and regulations. Misuse of another person’s personal details may amount to a criminal offence in Malaysia under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
At MWKA we advise both companies and individuals on data, privacy and cybersecurity policies, disclaimers and contractual documents and our team is involved in all aspects of regulatory compliance. Our team’s experience in both corporate and commercial matters and litigation gives us a particular advantage when advising clients on Data, Privacy and Cybersecurity options and policies.
- Review of data protection policies and notices.
- Advising companies on the regulatory framework of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
- Advising companies on the implementation of data protection policies.
- Drafting and advising on data protection policies, notices and/or disclaimers.
- Drafting and advising on data protection clauses in contractual documents and data processing agreements.
- Development of privacy and security policies for online activities
- Terms & Conditions of Use for online platforms
- Information / Trade Secrets – Confidentiality Agreements
- Regulatory and legal compliance with data privacy and cybersecurity laws
- Legislative tracking – updates to organizations with latest decisions and laws that can impact their business operations
- Risk assessment and strategy planning/remediation
- Data Collection, Storage, Management, Disclosure and Usage
- Privacy-related claims and disputes
- Data security breach preparedness, prevention and response
- Data processing and data transfer agreements
- Management of data privacy in the financial, healthcare and marketing sectors
- Internal training sessions on privacy and security practices and procedures
Advised and drafted several Data Protection Policies and Notices in relation to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 for private limited companies in Malaysia.
- Employment Contracts & Policies
- Corporate & Commercial Contracts
- Banking & Finance
- Regulatory Compliance
Related Articles and Updates
The Covid-19 lockdowns resulted in the rapid growth of the e-commerce industry. Using the internet…
Wednesday, 7 September 2022 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Software Development: What to know about…
A software development contract is a legally binding agreement that governs the terms for developing…
Friday, 25 June, 2021 3:00 pm – 3:45 pm Legal Aspects of Digital Transformation About…
Friday, 16 April, 2021 3:00 pm – 3:45 pm Data Privacy in Malaysia – Does…
Since its announcement back in 2012, one of the most highly anticipated games finally hit…