Banking and Finance Law governs the rules and regulations in the operations of banks and financial institutions. We provide legal advice to clients (individuals, companies and/or organizations) who are parties in a transaction(s) and assist in conducting and liaising with financial advisors towards legal Due Diligence and transactions in relation to mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings, project financing and property financing.
We make the effort to understand our private equity clients’ businesses and investment objectives, and include lawyers with industry-specific experience on our deal teams, so that we can tailor pragmatic and innovative solutions to complex problems. The team ensures that the investment structure chosen meets the specific needs of our clients and offers a one-stop shop covering all relevant aspects of private equity transactions. At MWKA, we have extensive experience in structuring, preparing, managing and executing transactions across the asset class, as well as assisting on any related financing.
- Financing for real estate properties
- Deed of assignment and charge
- Subscription agreements
- Redeemable convertible preference shares
- Investment agreements
- Advance agreement
- Legal advisory for private equity funding structure
- Confidentiality agreements
- Term sheets
- Initial Public Offerings (IPO) of companies on the Main Market and ACE Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad
- Employee share option scheme (ESOS)
- Share buy-backs
- Recurrent Related Party Transactions and Shareholders Mandates
Our Experience include advising corporate clients in the banking and finance industry on project financing such as private equity funding for energy projects and financing for developers projects. Our experience extends to property financing and loan documentation.
Our portfolio of experience for financing for projects with developers such as:
- Eco World Bhd
- Sime Darby Properties Sdn Bhd
- OSK Properties Sdn Bhd
Other experience include but is not limited to the following:-
- Advising a public listed company on an investment sum and borrowings in relation to whether shareholders approval is required for expansion and relocation of their plant and office;
- Advisory for incorporation of a company for crowdfunding.
- Advising a public listed company on insider trading laws under the Capital Markets and Services Act 2007.