We have experience in advising bodies governed under the Companies Act and other corporate entities including but not limited to Private Limited Companies, Public Listed Companies, Charitable Corporations, Companies limited by Guarantee, Partnerships, Societies and Associations. Our areas of practice include corporate governance, advising on directors’ duties, shareholder rights, restructuring and general advisory.
- Advising on the unique needs of individual companies across a broad range of industry sectors.
- Identifying the laws and regulations applicable to the clients’ businesses including relevant business rules, codes and policies.
- Providing legal advisory and support to our clients on the Companies Act and/or any other statutes, rules and regulations.
- Providing expertise in relation to registration, structure and requirements for legal entities.
- Providing corporate advisory for directors, managers and employees on various legal compliance topics.
- Reviewing documents, M&A’s, constitutions, policies, guidelines and structures in light of the relevant laws and regulations.
- Advising an international charitable organisation on the rules, regulations and corporate structure on setting up an NGO in Malaysia.
- Advising a public listed company on the relevant rules and regulations pertaining to special resolutions and board of directors approval.
- Advising foreign individuals on best corporate structure to set up a company in Malaysia to carry out pharmaceutical business.
- Advising directors of private limited company on their role and responsibilities under the Companies Act.
- Banking and Finance
- Corporate and Commercial Contracts
- Corporate Finance and Capital Markets
- Enterpreneurs & Start-ups
- Environmental Law
- Intellectual Property
- Media & Entertainment
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Regulatory Compliance
- Societies & Non Profit Organisations
Reviews & Testimonials
- “Tommy Wong assisted and advised me and my partners on several key matters prior to the contemplated transaction, and we are all very pleased with his services. Keep up the great work!”-Tony Tong, Kuala Lumpur
- “Ms Cassandra Thomazios and Mr Tommy Wong were the speakers for our online talk and were well prepared for the talk. They provided the attendees with proper slides for easy reference. Appreciate the effort and will consider MWKA for future talks and events.” – Nurul Hidayah binti Mat Nasir, Terengganu Incorporated Sdn Bhd
- “My organisation (an international sport governing body) has engaged MWKA for ongoing corporate and commercial matters in sports. Strong experience in the sports industry is not very common in this part of the world and we are glad to have the capable assistance of Lesley Lim, Cassandra Thomazios and Tommy Wong in our matters, ranging from contract drafting and review to advising on potential disputes.” – Dylan Mah, International Table Tennis Federation, Singapore
- “We are very pleased with the services provided by MahWengKwai & Associates. Mr Tommy Wong, in particular, assisted us in our matter extensively from the beginning until the end. MahWengKwai & Associates certainly has our recommendations. Thank you MWKA!” – Ooi Eng Hock, EasyEuro Payment Services Sdn Bhd, Kuala Lumpur
- “We would like to extend our gratitude to MWKA for the assistance rendered towards the scope of work for which we had appointed the firm. My personal thanks goes to Tommy Wong & Felicia Tang, both of whom have been directly involved in the work and I must commend both of them for their professionalism. My thanks also goes to Cassandra Nicole Thomazios and Christine Toh who are always there whenever I needed additional information and help. Keep rocking MWKA!” – Geetha Kanny, Institute of Internal Auditors Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
- “Usually I would contact Richard Wee for ideas on how best to avoid litigation. He has many a time been able to provide me with practical and innovative strategies to help my organization avoid the perils of litigation. It’s crucial in my course of work to have advisors like Richard to help plan and strategize my organization’s business. For a relatively large firm, MWKA’s team of lawyers are considered accessible (particularly Richard in this case) and they seem to be able to provide their feedback/ opinions within a reasonable turnaround time. Generally, I find other firms to be lacking the personal touch which MWKA offers to its clients.” – Chong Yee Meng, Honeywell Malaysia
- “I strongly recommend the legal services of MahWengKwai & Associates. Both Ms Cassandra Thomazios and Mr Tommy Wong have firstly provided great insight into Section 17A of the MACC Act 2009 during their Online Talk, and thereafter provided efficient and effective legal services in relation to our matter. They are also very professional and never shy away from queries. Thank you MWKA.”- Sivanesan Arul Chelvam, Multi-Lines Systems (M) Sdn Bhd, Selangor
- “I would like to extend my gratitude towards MahWengKwai & Associates for their insightful Online Talk sessions. In relation to the provision of their legal services, I would like to highlight the efficiency, professionalism and continuous effort of Ms Cassandra Nicole Thomazios and Mr Tommy in advising us and attending to our requests. Thumbs up to the lawyers and MWKA definitely has my recommendation.” – Wong Hoi Chen, Omitech Road Systems (M) Sdn Bhd, Selangor