T: +6 03 7887 2702
F: +6 03 7887 2703
Christine Toh graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from the University of London (External) in 2012 and completed her Certificate of Legal Practice (CLP) in 2013. She read in the Chambers of Vin & Isaac Lee and was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in November 2014.
Christine Toh graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce / Bachelor of Business System from Monash University in 2004 and completed her Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) exams in 2006. She became a member of ACCA in 2009.
Christine commenced her legal career as an associate in MahWengKwai & Associates since July 2016.
Christine’s primary areas of practice are construction adjudication, construction arbitration, construction litigation, taxation, general litigation, contractual disputes, tortious actions including road accident, debt recovery.
Career to date
2016 Associate, MahWengKwai & Associates
2014 Called to the Malaysian Bar
2013 Pupil-in-Chambers, Vin & Isaac Lee
2010 Assistant Accounts Manager, Prestar Precision Tube Sdn Bhd
2009 Assistant Manager, BDO Consulting Sdn Bhd
2008 Assistant Manager, BDO Binder, Malaysia
2006 Associate, BDO McCabe Lo Ltd, Hong Kong
2017 Certificate of Adjudication (Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration)
2013 Certificate of Legal Practice
2012 Bachelor of Law (University of London), (Honours Second Class Upper Division)
2006 Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
2004 Bachelor of Commerce / Bachelor of Business System (Monash University)
Particular litigation experience
- Opposing application for mandatory injunction in respect of construction contracts, High Court
- Application for injunction against the calling of performance bond in respect of construction contracts, Sessions Court
- Application for the enforcement, setting aside and stay of adjudication decision, High Court
- Claim for certified work done, variation order claims, release of retention sum in respect of construction contracts, Sessions Court and High Court
- Claim for compensation arising from compulsory land acquisition by the government, Session Court
- Claim for certified work done, variation order claims, release of retention sum in respect of construction contracts
- Claim for loss of profit arising from a repudiatory breach by the owner of project
- Claim arising from unforeseen adverse physical conditions in the construction of a water treatment plant
- Claim for certified work done and release of retention sum in respect of construction contracts