T: +6 03 7887 2702
F: +6 03 7887 2703
K.J. Cheng is an Associate at MahWengKwai & Associates since 2016. He is involved in Real Estate and Banking matter as well as drafting of numerous kinds of contracts. He was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in July 2016.
Career to date
2016 Associate, MahWengKwai & Associates
2016 Called to the Malaysian Bar
2015 Bachelor of Laws (Honours), University of Malaya
Particular Conveyancing experience
- Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of Sale and Purchase Agreements, and ancillary documents for residential and commercial sub-sale transactions.
- Drafting and preparing Guaranteed Rental Return Agreements.
- Drafting and preparing the discharge and/or reassignment documents for the execution of the Bank and/or Borrower.
- Drafting and preparing the loan documents for execution of the Bank and/or Borrower and advising the Banks.
- Reviewing, advising client on terms and conditions of the Sale and Purchase Agreement in Schedule G & Schedule H and attending execution of the same.
- Handling transfer of property between family members by way of love and affection
- Assisting beneficiaries of estate in relation to registration of transfer and transmission.
- Liaising with the land office on number of issues pertaining to submission/presentation of documents.
Particular corporate and commercial experience
- Translating/reviewing translation of various agreements from mandarin to English
- Assist in reviewing commercial agreements including joint venture agreement, development management agreement and assignments
- Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of shareholders’ agreement and all other ancillary documents.