Anis binti Mohd Sohaimi
T: +6 03 7887 2702
F: +6 03 7887 2703
Anis graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) from International Islamic University Malaysia in July 2017. In May 2018, Anis completed her pupillage in MahWengKwai & Associates under the guidance of Mr. Raymond Mah and Dato’ Mah Weng Kwai.
Anis was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in July 2018 and began practice as an associate in MahWengKwai & Associates upon her admission.
Anis’ areas of practice include general litigation, debt recovery, contractual disputes, Joint Management Body disputes, employment matters and land matters. Anis’ interest also lies in mediation, arbitration, tortious claims, banking litigation and intellectual property.
Career to date
2018 Associate, MahWengKwai & Associates
2018 Called to the Malaysian Bar
2017 Pupil-in-Chambers, MahWengKwai & Associates
2016 Attachment Student, Attorney General’s Chambers, Malaysia
- Committee for Institutional Reforms, Malaysia (Support Team Member)
National Consumer Complaints Centre (Legal Aid)
2017 Bachelor of Laws (Honours), International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM)
Particular litigation experience
- Assisted in the Hearing of a claim for damages for delay in the completion of works and costs incurred for rectifying the defects in the construction of a 26-storey building.
- Preparation of settlement agreements for claims and disputes – Sessions Court
- Execution proceedings such as bankruptcy proceedings – High Court
- Matters relating to taxation – Sessions Court, High Court
- Assisted in applying to Court for Grant of Probate and Letters of Administration – High Court
- Assisted in resisting a claim to set aside a Judgment in Default – High Court
- Assisted in defending a claim alleging fraud by a Director of a multi-national company – Sessions Court
- Recovery of outstanding debts for services rendered – Sessions Court, High Court
- Recovery of outstanding sum due as a result of a breach of an Independent Contractor Agreement – Mediation Centre, Sessions Court
- Dispute arising out of the construction of unlawful structures trespassing onto adjoining property – High Court
- Claim by Joint Management Body to recover common property from Developer – High Court
- Claim for vacant possession of premises and outstanding rental from a tenant – Magistrate’s Court
- Assisted in applying for judicial review against the decision of the State Authorities to acquire only a part of a building – High Court