At MahWengKwai & Associates, we understand that the task of administering an estate can be daunting. Our team has extensive experience in representing and advising personal representatives, beneficiaries and interested parties following a death. We are confident that we will be able to resolve your legal problems through these difficult times.
Our services and support include, but is not limited to the following areas:
- Advising executors and administrators in relation to their legal duties;
- Advising beneficiaries of the estate in relation to their rights;
- Facilitating the distribution of assets to beneficiaries;
- Resealing foreign grant of representation;
- Actions against executors or administrators for breach of duty;
- Defending executors or administrators against allegations of breach of duty;
- Applications for injunctions to prevent dissipation of estate assets and properties; and
- Assets tracing and recovery.
Our experiences in the past include:
- Representing and advising clients on the removal of executor or administrator of the estate for breach of duty;
- Representing and defending clients against allegations of breach of duty as executor or administrator of estates;
- Representing and advising clients on applications to the High Court for injunctions to prevent dissipation of estate assets;
- Representing and advising clients on assets tracing and recovery; and
- Representing and advising clients which includes sports authorities on the application of constructive trust, resulting trust and proprietary estoppel to combat bribery in sports