Regulatory Compliance ensures and governs that companies or organizations comply with the relevant laws, rules and regulations in the relevant jurisdiction. As regulations around the globe are constantly changing and evolving, companies and organizations seek to constantly be in compliance with the relevant laws, rules and regulations. Regulation has placed increasing responsibilities on organizations on regional, national and international level. Knowing how to operate businesses in the landscape of rules and regulations is vital for companies to achieve their business goal.
We assist our clients in making application for permits and licenses. In addition, our work extends to providing our clients with legal advice in respect of the law of the respective jurisdiction concerned.
- Understand the unique needs of individual companies across a broad range of industry sectors.
- Identify the laws and regulations applicable to the clients’ businesses including relevant business rules, codes and policies.
- Provide legal advisory and support to our clients on regulatory compliance in their dealings with the local regulators and agencies.
- Offer comprehensive legal risk assessments in relation to rules and guidelines brought by the Local Authorities and Government Sector such as Bank Negara Malaysia (“BNM“), Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia (“SSM“), Suruhanjaya Sekuriti (“SC“) and Bursa Malaysia (“Bursa“).
- Provide expertise in relation to licensing issues.
- Provide training or awareness programme for directors, managers and employees on various legal compliance topics.
- Review documents, policies, guidelines and structures in light of the relevant laws and regulations.
- We have worked closely with Singaporean companies in Initial Coin Offering / Initial Token Sale to comply with the laws of Singapore
- Some of our clients have complex legal problems that require the help of lawyers from across the firm, including those from our employment, company, commercial and dispute resolution teams. Our cross-practice approach ensures that our clients receive the best advice for their particular situation and that their legal problems are analysed from every necessary angle.
- In advising a legal firm in Shanghai, China in the possible claims against a Chinese Company by the Malaysian dependents, our team members from China desk, employment and dispute resolution in construction worked together in providing the best solution to our client. Our services include liaising with the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in Malaysia and giving our legal opinion on the employment law in Malaysia.
- Banking & Finance
- Commercial Contracts
- Competition Law
- Consumer Protection
- Data Protection
- Data Privacy
- Employment Law
- Entrepreneurs & Start-ups
- Environmental Law
- Insurance Law
- Intellectual Property
- Media & Entertainment
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity
|LUM YING MEI
CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER
|MARLYSA ABDUL RAZAK