Business crimes are white-collar crimes which are financially motivated and nonviolent usually committed by business professionals. Typical, white-collar crimes include fraud, criminal breach of trust, cheating, bribery, insider trading, money laundering and forgery.
Our services and support include, but is not limited to the following areas:
- Advising complainants/victims or suspects on their rights and remedies.
- Drafting and assisting complainants/ victims in lodging reports to the relevant law enforcement agencies.
- Drafting and negotiating amicable settlements for complainants/victims or suspect. Representing and defending suspects against criminal charges and proceedings in Court.
- Conducting watching brief for complainants/victims in Court.
Representing and defending a company director charged under Section 317A of the Capital Markets and Services Act 2007 for allegedly causing wrongful loss to a public listed company amounting to RM5.1 million.
Representing and defending accused persons charged under Section 420 of the Penal Code for allegedly cheating and dishonestly inducing the delivery of property.
Successfully represented and defended company directors charged under Section 122B(b)(bb) of the Securities Industry Act 1983 for allegedly submitting false statements in a public listed company’s quarterly report to Bursa Malaysia.
Our clients were acquitted and discharged at the end of the prosecution stage. Advising and assisting companies in dealing with and lodging police reports against employees suspected of committing theft and criminal breach of trust of companies’ assets.
- Commercial Litigation
- Debt Recovery
- Fraud, Disciplinary Procedures
- Criminal Law
How can we help you?
Schedule a meeting with us